Alzheimer is a common form of dementia., general term for memory loss and other intellectual abilities serious enough to interfere with daily life activities. About 80 to 60 % of this disease accounts cases.
Another definition-a neurological disorder in which the death of brain cells memory loss and congnitive decline, a neurodegenerative type of Dimentia. It starts mild and gets progressively.
At 2010 statistical report by Alzheimer Associations in US, 4.7 millions are affected for ages 65 and above. In 2013 census, 10% of 65 years old are affected and more to 85 and above. Dimentia are of different kinds. But it all derived from Alzheimer.
It is a brain disease that causes a slow decline in memory, thinking and reasoning skills.
Old age doesn’t mean to have this kind of disease. Though age 65 are common age being found having this, it is not acquired of being old. Even at early age of 40s or 50s it often occurs symptoms to almost 5% of people.
It worsens as time goes and the disease progress and gradually worsen over a number of years.
Ten warning signs of having Alzheimer diseases
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life- forgetting recently learned information, dates, events, repeated questions, increase need to rely on memory aids
- Challenges in planning or solving problems-changes in ability to follow a plan or work with numbers, trouble of following recipes or keeping track of monthly bills, or difficulty in concentrating much longer to do things than before.
- Difficulty in completing familiar task at home, work or at leisure-trouble of driving at familiar location, managing budget or rules of favorite games
- Confusion with time or place- loss of track of dates, seasons and passage of time, difficult of understanding something if not happens immediately, forgetting of their where about or how they able to get there.
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships-difficulty in reading, judging distance or determining co9lors or contrast which cause driving problems too.
- New problems with words in speaking or writing-trouble in joining a conversation on how to continue.
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps-sometimes accusing others of stealing loss objects.
- Decrease or poor judgment-paying less attention to grooming and keeping clean, or less attention to money changes.
- Withdrawal from work or social activities-removal of self to previous activities due to temper changes.
- Changes in mood and personality-sometimes confused, suspicious, depressed, fearful or anxious and upset at home.
Above are signs that a person has already acquired the disease.
WHAT ARE SOME POSSIBLE FACTORS OF HAVING THIS KIND OF DISEASE?
Some important risk factors are age reaching at 65 they say.
Family relationships relationship.
History and heredity.
A further stud is being studied that causes this kind of disease.
According to studies reaching at 65 is likely prone to this disease. After 85 the risk reach at 50 percent.
Genetics plays a role too. From risk genes and deterministic genes, found in both categories. Having the risk genes, only chances to acquire it. But the other one, the sure possibility is there.
Other risk factors contributors:
Type 2 diabetes
Other possible factors due to lower education, prior trauma
Removal of ovaries
What are possible things to do to avoid or prevent having this disease:
a)Correct or right die
c) Building Brain Reserves and Social Engagement
d) NSAID Naproxen and COX-2 inhibitors might actually prevent it
e) Estrogen- a protein for brain
Above are collected research I compiled about Alzheimer diseases. But my question is, when does it start to develop? Yes, deterministic genes they say is a sure factor when it runs within its ancestors.
But I think, it can be prevented when we are only aware of our health. Most special at primer age.
After evaluation of the things I read about it, stories about people who had acquired it, I had my own analysis.
Diet is a big contributing factor for a healthy body and mind, so, it should start from our younger age.
An exercise is needed for everyday of our life. Not necessary going to gyms or doing exercise rhythm. Just utilizing muscles in everyday work at home. A long walk about 2km. a day.
Avoid tantrums, anger, bearing hatred or envy and other bad feelings towards others. Or even the conditions of life you are having.
Be a positive minded person. Open to good criticism but not minding bad ones instead.
Be industrious, creative. Don’t let the day be wasted by doing valuable things.
Find a work to earn income so your mind will not be occupied by filthy things.
Creating good and valuable things in mind and don’t lock your brain.
Bear a happy face or countenance the whole day. Don’t let problems ruin your mood. Leave it to god.
Be a prayerful. Starting the day with prayer and entrusting life to our creator.
Alzheimers are disease due to different emotions confined to self and was not released to others. A person to lean on her/his emotions to relieve it is a great factor.
Many person, as their children grows up, seldom they are given attention. A good conversation within the family is a must. To give money from salary of children is not enough. Children think money suffice the happiness of elders. Saying, “ oh go on , go shopping and eat or buy for you. But the companionship is afar.
How happy is it to see grown up children seeing wrap around their arms to their parents hopping to malls. Enjoying laughter, conversations, talks, jokes.
Whose mind of aging person you think would develop Alzheimer disease? A happy heart develops a healthy life, attitudes and never loses good appetite.
The best factor which will hindrance diseases such as this, love with the family itself.
A mother bears silently any hurt feelings she is having for the love of her children, family, or spouse. There are also father’s like it. But it’s prevalent on women or mothers to women.
No matter how healthy foods eaten, exercises, medications, cannot prevent it.
Heart filled up by love, build up by good relations, a happy family interactive are best preventive measures. I am sure about it and can claim that it is a reality.